Event highlights of the month
- A talk with Fabian Saul, the editor-in-chief of Flaneur Magazine, will happen on December 6 at 7pm at Goethe Institute Istanbul.
- The world-renowned French patisserie event Journée Pâtisserie et Boulangerie will take place at Hilton İstanbul Bosphorus on December 8, presenting the patisserie culture with Le Cordon Bleu, Baylan, Magnum, Toi, Selamlıque, Dimes, Nestle, and more.
- International Istanbul Silent Movie Days presents a selection of classic silent movies themed on technology. The event will take place from December 6-8 in various venues.
- On December 12, %100 Açık Sahne’s music concert featuring Tolga Akyıldız will be held at IF Performance Hall Beşiktaş.
- Composer and pianist Federico Albanese invites audience to join his concert on December 12 and 13 at Salon İKSV.
- Form December 14-16, Istanbul Art Show contemporary art fair will take place at Hilton Istanbul Exhibition and Convention Center, 11am-7pm.
- Visit Happy Tomtom New Year Festival from December 14-16 at Tomtom Kırmızı, 10am-7pm. Bringing together design, architecture, art, and entertainments, the event may give you some gift ideas for the coming holiday.
- Inflow Global Summit 2018 gathering international influencers and brands will take place at Four Season Hotel Istanbul at the Bosphorus from December 17-19.
Kundura Cinema meets Istanbul’s movie buffers
The former shoe factory which is now an arts and culture venue, Beykoz Kundura opens its cinema to the public with regular screenings throughout the year, including masterpieces never previously screened in Turkey. In November and December Kundura Cinema will present movies themed on cities, including Billy Wilder ’s Apartment; Jacques Tati ’s Playtime and Traffic; Jules Dassin ’s Night and the City and The Naked City; and Walter Ruttmann ’s Berlin: Symphony of a Great City. Visit www.beykozkundura.com or follow @kundurasinema on Instagram for more information.
On December 9 and 16 at 4pm Walter Ruttmann’s Berlin: Symphony of a Great City will be screened with live musical accompaniment by Gonca Feride Varol and Armağan Koçak.
Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Istanbul
As December arrived, it’s time to plan your New Year holiday. Many five-star hotels and restaurants offer special menu, gala dinner, private party package for those who craving a luxurious celebration. Check out all the 2018/2019 holiday specials in Istanbul. Let’s welcome the New Year in the finest way!
The Guide Istanbul’s new issue is out
As the dining scene in Istanbul goes wild, the November/December issue features our latest restaurant reviews of many new openings, such as Araka, The Steeve by İsmet Saz, La Viña, and more. The magazine can be found at major bookstores such as D&R and Remzi Kitabevi in Istanbul. You may place your order by filling out the subscription form, or download the digital version at magzter.com and Turkcell Dergilik.
Kıraathane Istanbul Literature House opened its door
News for Istanbul’s writers, readers, and anyone who’s into literature and arts: Kıraathane Istanbul Literature House (İstanbul Edebiyat Evi) opened its door in October in Asmalımescid neighborhood, holding workshops, reading clubs, talks, and kids activities almost every day. For more information visit kiraathane.com.tr
Dine like a Sultan at Çırağan Palace Kempinski
Çırağan Palace Kempinski, the only Ottoman imperial palace and hotel on the Bosphorus, greets the new season with the most sophisticated Ottoman experience: Sultans’ Dinner. From preparation to the taste, decor to service, every detail is taken care to present a truly royal, exquisite nostalgic dining occasion.Çırağan Caddesi No.32, Beşiktaş; T: (0212) 326 46 46