We’re sorry but currently there are no full-time openings at The Guide.
Freelance writers, if you’d like to pitch story ideas to The Guide, here is a brief info on how to do it:
- Research articles previously published by The Guide to get a full grasp of our style and scope of covered subjects;
- Before pitching an idea, please make sure the topic hasn’t been covered by The Guide in the last 12-18 months (use our online archives),
- Briefly explain the angle — for popular and frequently covered subjects suggest a new approach,
- Explain why this particular topic might be interesting to The Guide readers – keep your target audience in mind at all times (we publish The Guide Istanbul in English and in Arabic, as well as The Guide Bodrum in English and in Turkish, and we are accepting commissions targeting different audiences),
- Specify what the sources for the story will be: if your article is research-based, name the main sources; if interview-based, name the potential interviewees,
- When you’re ready, email your pitch to info (at) theguideistanbul.com – we will get back to you at the earliest convenience!