The Topkapı Palace Library was established in 1928 when the the Ağalar Mosque in the third courtyard of the palace was transformed into a library. The books were gathered from numerous sections of the palace and new collections have been either purchased or donated. The library features a collection of handwritten books and a calligraphy section where the works of Ottoman calligraphers and their tools are displayed. The library now has 13,450 manuscripts in various different languages, including Turkish, Arabic, Greek, and Latin. Researchers are welcome by appointment only.