Ingredients: (serves 6)
½ cup food quality fresh rose petals
¾ cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cups milk
¼ cup rice flour
¾ cup sugar
1 tbsp poppy seeds
200 glabne cheese
2 tbsp dried rose petals
1. 4-5 hours before preparing the pudding, rub the rose petals with half of the sugar and refrigerate.
2. Place the rose petals in a pot, add water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the consistency of a sauce is reached. Add lemon juice and allow to cool.
3. In a separate pot, mix the milk and rice flour, ensuring that there are no lumps. Cook on medium heat until it comes to a boil, continuously stirring in the same direction.
4. Lower the heat and simmer until it thickens. Add the rest of the sugar, adjusting the amount to taste.
5. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes. Then add poppy seeds and labne cheese and stir rigorously.
6. After a few minutes of stirring, add the dried petals, making sure they are evenly dispersed. Pour into a serving bowl, drizzle with the rose petal sauce, and serve.