1 kg Jerusalem artichokes, peeled
25 g butter
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 celery roots, diced
2 cloves of garlic, diced
1.5 lt vegetable broth
150 g cream
1. Set aside 3 little Jerusalem artichokesand chop the rest.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a pot over medium heat.
3. Sautee the onion, garlic and celery roots for 5 minutes; be careful not to let them brown.
4. Add the Jerusalem artichokesand mix; cover and cook for 5 minutes until fork tender.
5. Add water, bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
6. Add ½ teaspoon of salt and let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
7. Blend the mixture with 100 ml of cream in the blender, until it is pureed.
8. Thinly slice the remaining 3 Jerusalem artichokesand dry thoroughly with paper towel.
9. Heat the sunflower seed oil and fry the slice in batches of five; be sure to fry until each slice is crispy.
10. Remove from frying oil onto paper towels to absorb excess oil.
Heat up the soup, whisk the remaining cream and pour over soup in the serving bowls. Garnish with the fried slices Jerusalem artichokes.