Adım Adım 62 Çorba is a collection of soup recipes by Burak Aziz Sürük and Cengiz Çakıt, the two young cooks of Ömer M. Koç. The book is in Turkish, but we highly suggest that our English-speaking readers get the book and a good Turkish friend as a translator. Here is a sample recipe from the book:
4 beets (peeled and diced)
1 dried onion (diced)
1 green apple (sliced into 8 pieces with its core removed)
3 spoons of red lentil
1 spoon of olive oil
10 cups of water
1. Roast the onion with olive oil until it turns pink.
2. Add the beets to the onions and keep on roasting for 2-3 minutes.
3. Then add the green apples, red lentil, and water.
4. Boil them for about an hour, occasionally add water if necessary.
5. After an hour, take it out of the oven and put it through the food processor.
6. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, and serve.